Hounslow Council


Agenda and minutes

Venue: Public Meeting Room, Feltham Library, Feltham High Street

Contact: Wendy Merry 0208 583 2061 or Email: wendy.merry@hounslow.gov.uk 

Items
No. Item

79.

Minutes of the meeting held on 17 March 2016 and Matters Arising pdf icon PDF 155 KB

Minutes:

Minutes of the meeting held on 17 March 2016 were agreed, with the following amendment:

 

Matters Arising

 

The Hanworth ward Councillors had attended a meeting with Power League, which they felt had been very positive (item 65, page 1 refers). Power League had advised that they would be dropping ‘Sunbury’ from their advertising and would be looking to the Forum to suggest a name for their new football cage and basketball pitch, which made reference to Hanworth. They had also offered to set up a Hounslow School’s Football League, at no cost to the Council.

 

Resolved:

 

a)    That suggestions would be sought via the Public Forum on Facebook for a name for the football cage and basketball pitch at Power League.

b)    That the Forum welcomed the offer by Power League to set up a Hounslow School’s Football League, at no cost to the Council.

80.

Open Forum

 

An opportunity for members of the public to address the meeting on general issues relating to the agenda and other issues not on the agenda.  Please note that individual cases cannot be discussed. 

 

It would be helpful where possible if issues can be submitted in writing prior to the meeting. A pro-forma is included at the back of the agenda pack to assist this. It is helpful, but not essential, if written submissions are made at least one full working day before the date of the meeting, as this may allow the opportunity for a response to the question or issue raised to be given at the meeting.

 

Please note that you can also use the pro-forma to submit suggestions for any topics you would like to see discussed at future Area Forum meetings.

Minutes:

New Bus Stop on Sunbury Way

 

Nic Moore raised concerns about the proposed location of a new bus stop in Sunbury Way. Rob Heslop, Principal Transport Planner, advised that there would be an opportunity to make comments when the proposals went out to statutory consultation. The Forum was broadly supportive of Mr Moore’s suggestion of an alternative location.

 

Feltham Lodge

 

Angela Parton raised concerns that Feltham Lodge was now known as just The Lodge. The Chair advised that the matter was being taken up with the Leader of the Council and Ms Parton would be kept informed of the outcome.

 

Burlington Close

 

Mr Relf raised concerns about a letter he had received in connection to a consultation about changes being made at Burlington Close. Councillor Gupta took the matter up on Mr Relf’s behalf.

81.

Local Police Update pdf icon PDF 976 KB

Additional documents:

Minutes:

See Feltham Sector Presentation May 2016, A/Inspector Chris Mulrooney (agenda item 4)

 

A/Insp. Chris Mulrooney presented the report. In response to questions, he advised that he would liaise with the police at the Council to ensure that they were not duplicating work related to moped issues. He also agreed to ask officers to speak to Sparrow Farm Junior School in connection with facilitating parents dropping off and picking up their children.

 

Resolved:

 

a)    That Insp. Chris Mulrooney would liaise with the police at the Council to ensure that they were not duplicating work related to moped issues.

b)    That Insp. Chris Mulrooney would ask officers to speak to Sparrow Farm Junior School in connection with facilitating parents dropping off and picking up their children.

82.

Community Update

Minutes:

Members noted that issues around houses being bought by developers and turned into bedsits, together with other issues about the quality of housing in the area was being taken up with the Director of Enforcement.

83.

Housing Allocations Policy Consultation pdf icon PDF 167 KB

Minutes:

See Review of Housing Allocations Policy (agenda item 6)

 

Sharmake Abyan, Senior Strategy Officer, presented the report and asked Members and the public to submit their views on the consultation via the web site. In response to questions, he advised that he would provide a response back to Members about the Council still offering incentive payments to down-size and the Forum agreed that they would recommend that the policy be considered by the Housing Scrutiny Panel in connection with incentive payments.

 

(Councillor Atterton joined the meeting at this point).

 

Resolved:

 

a)    That Members and the public would submit their views and comments to the consultation, via the web site.

b)    That officers would provide a response to Members as to whether the Council still offered incentive payments to down-size.

c)     That the Forum recommend that the issue of incentive payments to down-size be looked at by the Housing Scrutiny Panel.

d)    That officers would keep the Forum informed of the consultation’s findings.

 

(Councillor Mir left the meeting at this point).

84.

Residential Crossovers and Off-street Parking Policy pdf icon PDF 124 KB

Additional documents:

Minutes:

See report by Rob Heslop, Principal Transport Planner (agenda item 7)

 

Rob Heslop, Principal Transport Planner, made the presentation and noted comments made by Members.

 

Resolved:

 

a)    That the consultation on the new crossover and off-street parking policy be noted.

b)    That the following comments from Members be noted:

·       That TfL (Transport for London) be included in the consultation, particularly in relation to service roads off TfL roads where properties were located.

·       That more clarity in relation to the qualifying criteria be provided so that residents are clearer about the likelihood of approval, before applying for a crossover.

·       That visibility requirements also take into account 20mph zones.

·       That clarity be provided about the road classification numbers.

c)     That it be noted that Cabinet approval of the new policy will be sought, taking into account all responses to the consultation.

85.

Kings Road Controlled Parking Zone Consultation pdf icon PDF 391 KB

Additional documents:

Minutes:

See report by Caroline Stanyon, Senior Engineer (agenda item 8)

 

Rob Heslop presented the report.

 

Resolved:

 

a)    That the results of the controlled parking zone (CPZ) detailed design consultation be noted and agreement to allow officers to progress to formal statutory consultation on a new CPZ for Cromwell Road, Kings Road and Queens Road, operational Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, as amended in Appendix B be approved.

b)    That the formalisation of the footway parking arrangements along Hanworth Road be approved.

c)     That all residents of this current consultation be advised of the consultation’s results and the decision of the Area Forum.

86.

Items for Future Meetings

Minutes:

No items were noted for future meetings.

87.

Date of next meeting is 30 June 2016

Minutes:

The date of the next meeting was noted.

88.

Any other business, which the Chair agrees to accept on grounds of urgency

Minutes:

There was no such urgent business.