Hounslow Council


Agenda and minutes

Venue: Committee Rooms 1 & 2, Civic Centre, Lampton Road, Hounslow. View directions

Contact: Joti Patel, email  joti.patel@hounslow.gov.uk, telephone 020 8583 3356 

Items
No. Item

57.

Apologies for Absence, Declarations of Interest or any other Communications from Members

Minutes:

Apologies for absence: These had been received from Councillors Lily Bath, Buttar and Kaur.  Councillor Rajawat had sent apologies for lateness.

 

Declarations of Interest: There were no declarations of interest, relating to the Agenda.

 

Other Communications: There were none.

58.

Presentation on CIL - Cllr Dennison pdf icon PDF 325 KB

Minutes:

Councillor Dennison led Members through his report (attached to item 3 of the Agenda pack), explaining the difference between S106 and CIL.  As S106 funding had to be closely matched to locations and purpose, there had been less opportunity for Heston and Cranford to access that funding. There was greater flexibility with CIL funds.  Members were advised that the first round of CIL project applications would close in April 2017, with decisions made by September 2017.

59.

Update on S106 monies - Cllr Dennison

Verbal Report

Minutes:

In answer to a question from a resident, Councillor Dennison confirmed that Members or residents should contact him if projects, which had been approved for S106 funding and had funds allocated via a named Implementation Officer, appeared to be unduly delayed.

60.

Budget Report - Cllr Dennison pdf icon PDF 166 KB

Verbal Report

Minutes:

Following his presentation to Members (attached to Item 5 of the Agenda pack), Councillor Dennison invited Members and residents to e-mail any questions to him.

 

[Councillor Rajawat arrived at 7.40pm]

61.

Police Report pdf icon PDF 257 KB

Minutes:

Inspector Brown led Members through his report (attached at Item 2 of the Agenda pack).  He agreed to update Members with developments on the investigation into the armed robbery at Ladbrokes in Heston, when they are available.

62.

Air Quality around schools in Heston and Cranford - Surinderpal Suri pdf icon PDF 1 MB

Minutes:

Surinderpal Suri (Air Quality Officer, Environmental Strategy Team) led Members through his report (attached to item 6 of the Agenda pack).  He advised Members that the Council had made a funding bid to DEFRA which, if successful would enable improvements to be made for 20 schools across the Borough.

 

Members acknowledged that many factors affecting air quality were outside Council control, but that the Environmental Strategy Team would continue to monitor air quality levels.

 

[Councillor Virdi left the meeting at 8.30pm.]

63.

Recycling Performance Data - Melanie Gadd pdf icon PDF 143 KB

Report to follow

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Members received a written report from Melanie Gadd (attached to item 7 of the Agenda pack), who had sent apologies for not attending the meeting.  However, questions could be e-mailed to her after the meeting.

64.

Southall Lane Materials Handling Facility Update Report - Melanie Gadd

Report to follow

Minutes:

Councillor Mann gave a verbal update on the handling facility, explaining that there had been a delay due to the new fire regulation guidelines issued by the Environment Agency.  These regulations applied across the UK, and new facilities could not obtain an Operating Licence until they complied with these. It was hoped that the new Handling Facility would open in Autumn 2017, although this could slip to 2018.

65.

The Hermitage - Update pdf icon PDF 151 KB

Minutes:

A written update (attached to item 9 of the Agenda pack) was noted.  Residents were disappointed that there was not any positive information in the report.  The Chair agreed to strongly request the attendance of a Senior Officer at the next meeting to provide Members with more information.

66.

Open Forum for questions from the public (maximum of 30 minutes)

Protocol:

       Questions will be allowed at the Chair’s discretion.

       The Chair will normally only allow one question per item.

       Items on the main agenda should not be raised in the open forum.

       Individual cases cannot be discussed.

       Items submitted to the Chair in advance of the meeting are welcomed.

Minutes:

a)    Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs)

Councillor Mann reminded residents that Hounslow’s Rogue Landlord team was recognised as one of the best teams in the country, under the leadership of Marilyn Smith.  It was agreed to request a member of the team to deliver a presentation on this matter at the next meeting.

 

b)   Use of traffic cones by residents to block parking space

In response to concerns raised by a resident, Gareth James confirmed that it is illegal for anyone to block off road space with traffic cones to reserve parking.  He agreed to liaise with the resident and take action accordingly.

 

c)    Cranford Lock Up

A resident reminded Members that the condition of the historic Cranford Lock Up had been raised at the Area Forum for many years.  Although some tidying-up had taken place, it still required major repair work.  Gareth James advised Members that funding had been allocated from the Street Improvement Fund, but due to Listed Building status, it had been established that additional funding was required.  Gareth James was pleased to report that this had been secured and a Hounslow Housing Specialist Project Manager had been identified.  A 27 page detailed report on work to be undertaken has been produced, and the work will be completed to a high level by August 2017.

 

 

 

67.

Minutes of the meeting held on 17 November 2016 pdf icon PDF 17 KB

Minutes:

The minutes of the meeting held on 17 November 2016 were agreed as a true and accurate record, and were signed by the Chair.

68.

Date of next scheduled meeting is 23 March 2017

Minutes:

The next scheduled meeting will take place on Thursday 23 March 2017.

 

69.

Any other business, which the Chair considers to be urgent

Minutes:

There were no items of any other business.