Hounslow Council


Agenda, decisions and minutes

Venue: Committee Rooms 1 & 2, Civic Centre, Lampton Road, Hounslow. View directions

Contact: Irene Bowles, email  irene.bowles@hounslow.gov.uk, telephone 020 8583 2075 

Items
No. Item

31.

Apologies for Absence, Declarations of Interest or any other Communications from Members

Decision:

Apologies had been received from Councillors Lily Bath and Daanish Saeed.

Minutes:

Apologies had been received from Councillors Lily Bath and Daanish Saeed.

32.

Space Waye Proposals pdf icon PDF 71 KB

Additional documents:

Decision:

Melanie Gadd and Councillor Mann gave a presentation on the Space Waye proposals and answered questions raised.

 

Cindy Gardener agreed to check on specific addresses in Springwell Road, which had been identified by Councillor Buttar as not having received wheeled bins.

Minutes:

Melanie Gadd and Councillor Mann gave a presentation on the Space Waye proposals (attached to Item 6 of the Agenda pack) and answered questions raised.  They explained that a wide range of media had been used to give information to residents.

 

(Councillor Rajawat arrived at 7.30pm)

 

Cindy Gardener agreed to check on specific addresses in Springwell Road, which had been identified by Councillor Buttar as not having received wheeled bins.

 

(Councillor Kaur arrived at 7.35pm)

 

Residents were concerned about the impact of long queues outside Space Waye on traffic back to the A312, but were assured that plans were in place to control this.

 

(Councillor Mann left at 7.50pm [to attend the Central Hounslow Area Forum meeting])

33.

Police Report pdf icon PDF 177 KB

MOPAC (Mayor’s Office for Policing And Crime) data for crimes can be found at the following website:

https://www.london.gov.uk/What-we-do/mayors-office-policing-and-crime-mopac/data-and-research/crime

 

Ward priorities and promises can be accessed at:

http://content.met.police.uk/Page/TeamFinder?scope_id=1257246764041

 

 

Additional documents:

Decision:

Inspector Chris Brown agreed to contact Councillor Buttar to obtain details of complaints received by him regarding prostitution in the Convent Way area.

Minutes:

Inspector Brown led Members through his report (attached at item 3 of the Agenda pack), using a template drawn up to meet Members’ requirements for information.  Members noted that figures on knife related crime would be reported half-yearly.

 

Inspector Brown agreed to contact Councillor Buttar to obtain details of complaints received by him regarding prostitution in the Convent Way area.

 

Members noted that it was hoped to hold Crime Prevention events at Lampton School on 17 October at 7pm and 29 October at 2pm, but this was subject to sponsorship from local companies.

34.

Anti-social behaviour in St Leonard's Church Car Park, Heston - Insp Brown

Minutes:

Inspector Brown updated Members on the situation at St Leonard’s Church car park.  A number of students from Heston College had been identified as causing damage recently and they had been taken by Police to the Church to help clean up the damage caused.

35.

Heston Park - Litter pdf icon PDF 184 KB

Minutes:

Cindy Gardener updated Members on actions put in place to resolve the problem of litter in the park. A site meeting had taken place on 18 August with Councillors Purewal and Chopra, Mr Blackett (Chair of Heston Residents Association), the Park Manager and the Senior Contract Support Officer.  This led to daily litter picks and bin collections being put in place.

 

The Council is also investigating signage to remind park users that no barbecues are permitted – as for all Borough parks – with a view to installation in Spring/Summer 2017.

36.

Bring Sites - Presentation by Cindy Gardener

Minutes:

Cindy Gardener advised Members that there were three communal recycling sites across the borough, which the Council wished to remove now that home recycling collections were well-established.  None of these sites were within the Heston and Cranford areas, so the item was for information only.

37.

Petitions pdf icon PDF 194 KB

a)    Redwood Estate Play Equipment – Update attached

 

b)    Request to resolve parking issues between 419 and 445 Great West Road – Petition details attached

 

c)     Request to make Heston Road and Hogarth Gardens resident only parking – Petition details attached

Additional documents:

Decision:

a)    Redwood Estate Play Equipment

Heidi Medland (Specialist Housing Officer, Resident Services, Hounslow Housing) presented a briefing note.  Members resolved that:

i)                 There should be further consultation in the next few weeks to finalise equipment to be purchased and installed using S106 funding;

ii)               The Ward Councillors for Heston West (Councillors L Bath, R Bath and Rajawat) be included in the consultation and decision making process.

Members noted that tenders would be invited once the consultation period was complete.

 

b)              Request to resolve parking issues between 419 and 445 Great West Road

Members noted that senior managers at TfL had agreed to consider resident parking on their network.  However, there would be a considerable time-lag before this happened; Gareth James agreed to keep Members and residents updated.

 

c)              Request to make Heston Road and Hogarth Gardens resident only parking

It was agreed that Officers should draw up a draft proposals consultation document, to be agreed by Ward Councillors.  Councillor Kaur reminded Members, the Lead petitioner and residents that CPZs would only go ahead following consultation – and that local schools would need to be consulted in this case.  Whilst the Council would look for a viable solution, a CPZ was not the only possible route to take.

Minutes:

a)    Redwood Estate Play Equipment

Heidi Medland (Specialist Housing Officer, Resident Services, Hounslow Housing) presented a briefing note.  Members resolved that:

i)                 There should be further consultation in the next few weeks to finalise equipment to be purchased and installed using S106 funding;

ii)               The Ward Councillors for Heston West (Councillors L Bath, R Bath and Rajawat) be included in the consultation and decision making process.

Members noted that tenders would be invited once the consultation period was complete.

 

b)              Request to resolve parking issues between 419 and 445 Great West Road

Members noted that senior managers at TfL had agreed to consider resident parking on their network.  However, there would be a considerable time-lag before this happened; Gareth James agreed to keep Members and residents updated.

 

c)              Request to make Heston Road and Hogarth Gardens resident only parking

It was agreed that Officers should draw up a draft proposals consultation document, to be agreed by Ward Councillors.  Councillor Kaur reminded Members, the Lead petitioner and residents that CPZs would only go ahead following consultation – and that local schools would need to be consulted in this case.  Whilst the Council would look for a viable solution, a CPZ was not the only possible route to take.

38.

Hayes Road - Congestion Reduction Scheme pdf icon PDF 173 KB

Additional documents:

Decision:

Members resolved to:

1.     Delegate authority to the Executive Director for Regeneration, Economic Development & Environment (REDe) to undertake detailed design for the proposals set out in Appendix A of the report (attached to item 8 of the Agenda pack);

2.     Delegate authority to the Executive Director for REDe to carry out the required statutory consultation on the proposals;

3.     Delegate authority to the Executive Director for REDe to resolve, where possible, any objections received to the statutory consultation;

4.     In the event that any objections received remain unresolved, delegate authority to the Chair of the Area Forum to determine the objections, in consultation with the Ward Councillors;

5.     If no objections are received, or once any objections received are resolved, delegate authority to the Executive Director for REDe to implement the scheme.

Minutes:

Christopher Deakins led Members through his report (attached at item 8 of the Agenda pack).

 

Members resolved to:

1.    Delegate authority to the Executive Director for Regeneration, Economic Development & Environment (REDe) to undertake detailed design for the proposals set out in Appendix A of the report (attached to item 8 of the Agenda pack);

2.    Delegate authority to the Executive Director for REDe to carry out the required statutory consultation on the proposals;

3.    Delegate authority to the Executive Director for REDe to resolve, where possible, any objections received to the statutory consultation;

4.    In the event that any objections received remain unresolved, delegate authority to the Chair of the Area Forum to determine the objections, in consultation with the Ward Councillors;

5.    If no objections are received, or once any objections received are resolved, delegate authority to the Executive Director for REDe to implement the scheme.

39.

Minutes of the meeting held on 14 July 2016 pdf icon PDF 267 KB

Decision:

The minutes of the meeting held on 14 July 2016 were agreed as a true and accurate record and were signed by the Chair.

Minutes:

The minutes of the meeting held on 14 July 2016 were agreed as a true and accurate record and were signed by the Chair.

40.

Matters arising from the minutes pdf icon PDF 83 KB

a)    Item 28(a) Land at Kings Arbour, Heston West

Update attached

 

b)    Item 28(b) – Advertising site, 331 Great West Road

Update attached.

 

Minutes:

There were no matters arising from the minutes.

41.

Open Forum for questions from the public

Protocol:

       Questions will be allowed at the Chair’s discretion.

       The Chair will normally only allow one question per item.

       Items on the main agenda should not be raised in the open forum.

       Individual cases cannot be discussed.

       Items submitted to the Chair in advance of the meeting are welcomed.

Decision:

a)    Ash Grove – street cleanliness

A resident felt that Ward Councillors had not responded to e-mails complaining about the litter and dog excrement on Ash Grove, which had not been cleaned for more than a month.  Councillor Rajawat stated that he had not received any e-mails and asked the resident to re-send them.

 

b)    Crossways – clearway signage

Two residents asked for reassurance that they would not receive tickets when accessing their property.  Gareth James noted that this matter had been dealt with outside the meeting, and reassurance given.  He agreed to re-send the confirmation.  Councillor Purewal had also visited the residents and written to them.  He also agreed to re-send the e-mail.

 

c)    Norman Crescent – lighting

Mr Clark reported that he had advised Hounslow Homes that three street lights on Norman Crescent were not working in October 2015. Councillor Lily Bath (not present at this meeting) had reported this as casework, and a formal complaint had been made by Mr Clark in April 2016, but no reply had been received and the lights remained out of action.  Councillor Kaur apologised for the lack of response, but confirmed that this would now be taken forward as an action point from this meeting.  Gareth James agreed to investigate and report back to Mr Clark and Members.

Minutes:

a)    Ash Grove – street cleanliness

A resident felt that Ward Councillors had not responded to e-mails complaining about the litter and dog excrement on Ash Grove, which had not been cleaned for more than a month.  Councillor Rajawat stated that he had not received any e-mails and asked the resident to re-send them.

 

b)   Crossways – clearway signage

Two residents asked for reassurance that they would not receive tickets when accessing their property.  Gareth James noted that this matter had been dealt with outside the meeting, and reassurance given.  He agreed to re-send the confirmation.  Councillor Purewal had also visited the residents and written to them.  He also agreed to re-send the e-mail.  Gareth James reminded Members that clearways were needed to improve accessibility to the bus network.

 

c)    Norman Crescent – lighting

Mr Clark reported that he had advised Hounslow Homes that three street lights on Norman Crescent were not working in October 2015. Councillor Lily Bath (not present at this meeting) had reported this as casework, and a formal complaint had been made by Mr Clark in April 2016, but no reply had been received and the lights remained out of action.  Councillor Kaur apologised for the lack of response, but confirmed that this would now be taken forward as an action point from this meeting.  Gareth James agreed to investigate and report back to Mr Clark and Members.

42.

Traffic issues in Cranford High Street - Initial findings - Gareth James

Decision:

Gareth James advised that data from traffic surveys was currently being collected, and would continue for the next few weeks.  The Traffic Team would then develop proposals and bring a full update to the Area Forum in either November 2016 or January 2017.

Minutes:

Gareth James advised that data from traffic surveys was currently being collected, and would continue for the next few weeks.  The Traffic Team would then develop proposals and bring a full update to the Area Forum in either November 2016 or January 2017.

43.

Consultation Advisory Panel - election of Member pdf icon PDF 152 KB

Additional documents:

Decision:

RESOLVED THAT:

1.     The Area Forum notes the Consultation Charter, adopted by Borough Council on 19 July 2016.

2.     The Area Forum nominate COUNCILLOR SUKHBIR DHALIWAL to sit on the Consultation Advisory Panel.

Minutes:

Gareth James led Members through the report (attached to item 13 of the Agenda pack).

 

RESOLVED THAT:

1.    The Area Forum notes the Consultation Charter, adopted by Borough Council on 19 July 2016.

2.    The Area Forum nominate COUNCILLOR SUKHBIR DHALIWAL to sit on the Consultation Advisory Panel.

44.

Jagdeep Randhawa Memorial Football Tournament, 23 July 2016 - report by Cllr Virdi pdf icon PDF 218 KB

Decision:

The Area Forum recognised the hard work of Jagdeep Randhawa’s sister, Manjinder, and his childhood friends, Indy Sembhi abd Jags Budwal, in organising the football tournament, and that of Manjinder in fighting for justice for Jagdeep.

Minutes:

Councillor Virdi led Members through his report (attached to the Supplementary Report to the Main Agenda).

 

The Area Forum recognised the hard work of Jagdeep Randhawa’s sister, Manjinder, and his childhood friends, Indy Sembhi abd Jags Budwal, in organising the football tournament, and that of Manjinder in fighting for justice for Jagdeep.

45.

Date of next scheduled meeting is 17 November 2016

The next scheduled meeting is on Thursday 17 November 2016, at 7pm in Committee Rooms 1 & 2, Civic Centre

Decision:

The next scheduled meeting will take place on Thursday 17 November 2016 at 7pm in Committee Rooms 1 & 2, Civic Centre.

Minutes:

The next scheduled meeting will take place on Thursday 17 November 2016 at 7pm in Committee Rooms 1 & 2, Civic Centre.

46.

Any other business, which the Chair considers to be urgent pdf icon PDF 181 KB

Decision:

a)    Locations for Cycle Safety Signs

David Wilson (Traffic) asked Members to advise him or Gareth James of suggestions for suitable locations for signs depicting driver and cyclist safety tips, which would be placed on lampposts.  Signs could be seen on the following website: http://content.tfl.gov.uk/toolkit-guide-cycle-safety-april-2016.pdf

 

b)    S106 projects – information request

Councillor Kaur asked Gareth James/Irene Bowles to obtain details of current S106 projects within the wards covered by the Area Forum, to include the stage that the project was at and when it was likely to be delivered.

Minutes:

a)    Locations for Cycle Safety Signs

David Wilson (Traffic) asked Members to advise him or Gareth James of suggestions for suitable locations for signs depicting driver and cyclist safety tips, which would be placed on lampposts.  Signs could be seen on the following website: http://content.tfl.gov.uk/toolkit-guide-cycle-safety-april-2016.pdf

 

b)   S106 projects – information request

Councillor Kaur asked Gareth James/Irene Bowles to obtain details of current S106 projects within the wards covered by the Area Forum, to include the stage that the project was at and when it was likely to be delivered.

 

c)    Lock-up in Cranford

Members noted that work would start on renovating the Lock-up in October 2016.  They recorded their thanks to Gareth James for pursuing this.  Mr Blackett reminded Members that a maintenance contract should be put in place once the works were complete to ensure the building remains in a good state of repair.