Hounslow Council


Agenda and minutes

Venue: Committee Room 3, Civic Centre, Lampton Road, Hounslow. View directions

Contact: Joti Patel Tel: 020 8583 3356 or Email:  joti.patel@hounslow.gov.uk 

Items
No. Item

192.

Apologies for Absence

Minutes:

Apologies for absence were noted for Cllr Guy Lambert and Jon Cotton

Apologies for lateness were noted for Cllr Myra Savin and Cllr Sam Hearn

193.

Minutes of the meeting held on 25th April 2016 and Matters Arising pdf icon PDF 209 KB

Minutes:

The minutes of the meeting held on 25th April 2016 were agreed approved by the Trustees.

 

Matters Arising:

 

Cllr Mel Collins offered his congratulations to the volunteers for the exhibition at Boston Manor House which was supported by all Trustees.

194.

Financial Report pdf icon PDF 222 KB

Additional documents:

Minutes:

See the Report presented by Lorelei Watson, Head of Treasury, Pensions and Capital, Deputy S151, Agenda item 3, page 4

 

Lorelei reviewed the revisions to the draft accounts circulated earlier.  Trustees were asked to approve the Final accounts for 2015 and to reappoint the Auditors, Wilkins Kennedy LLP.

 

Resolved:

 

      I.          Trustees reviewed the financial details in Tables 1, 2 and 3 of the report and following discussion, approved the accounts. 

    II.          Trustees approved the reappointment of Wilkins Kennedy LLP as Auditors.

 

 

195.

The Layton Collection's Patu pdf icon PDF 217 KB

Minutes:

See the report by James Wisdom at Agenda item 4, page 20.

 

(Councillor Savin joined the meeting at 6.15)

 

James Wisdom reported a request received by the Museum of London (MoL) for loan of this object to the National Maritime Museum for a period of 10-15 years.  This was declined by the MoL as the term of the loan was considered too long.  Trustees also agreed that this item should feature in the display of the collection at the new museum at Smithfields.

 

Other MoL news:

 

1.     There was a need to prioritise the photographing of the Layton ethnographic material.  This task was currently part of the overall responsibility for Roy Stephen’s Assistant and was progressing in “dribs and drabs”.  Trustees were asked to consider sponsoring a Masters Degree student in Conservation Studies involved with Layton Material.  The student would be based at MoL under their supervision.

 

2.     Councillor Collins asked if the Rattenbury Shop Front would go on display at the new Museum.  This would depend on what the principal theme of the new exhibition was going to be.  Councillor Collins suggested that this should be monitored.  Trustees were advised that the Shop Front now belonged to the Museum.

 

Resolved:

 

 i.    To note the report

 

 

 

196.

Progress Report on the Lottery Project pdf icon PDF 297 KB

Additional documents:

Minutes:

See the report by James Wisdom at Agenda Item 5, page 21.

 

James Wisdom reviewed the exhibition at Boston Manor House and the various activities taking place as part of the exhibition.  Janet McNamara handed out a flyer for the book group listing activities taking place throughout the exhibition.

 

Cllr Savin asked if the exhibition would be advertised on the TW8 website and Janet confirmed it would be.  There was also a facebook and twitter account set up by the volunteers to promote the exhibition on social media.

 

A report had been submitted to Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) on the progress of the exhibition. 

 

James Wisdom reported that a review of spending on the project showed an under spend which, if approved by the HLF, would be used to increase the digitalisation of the book collection.

 

Resolved:

 

  1. To note the report

 

197.

Sponsor a Layton Book

Verbal update from Andrea Cameron

Minutes:

Andrea Cameron updated Trustees on sponsor a book.  Donations had been received for approximately £105 to commemorate recently deceased members of the Hounslow and District Historical Society.

 

Resolved:

 

  1. To note the update

 

198.

Arrangements for Supporting Trust Meetings

Minutes:

James Wisdom and Howard Simmons met with Thomas Ribbits to review the support provided by Committee Services to the Trust.

 

Committee Services would continue to Clerk meeting of the Trust.  Minutes of the meeting would be shorter.

 

There was an outstanding matter of storing records electronically and it was agreed that this would be kept under review by Trustees until this matter was resolved.

 

Resolved:

 

       i.          To note the update

      ii.          To review the storing of meeting records electronically

199.

Any other business

Minutes:

Howard Simmons referred to the risk register and asked for an update on the storage stacks at Hounslow Library.  James Marshall replied that the Council had hired an Archive Consultant to write a report for the Council on what new storage would be required and he was waiting to see the completed report.  Councillor Corinna Smart, Cabinet Member, had visited all the libraries and he had discussed how important the storage requirements were.  The review is in the early stages.

 

James Marshall advised the Trust that the invoice for Harwell had not been paid by Carillion.

 

Action:  JM to write to Trustees to record the failure of Carillion to pay the Invoice for Harwell.

 

200.

Date of the Next Meeting

Minutes:

The date of the next meeting was agreed as 20th October 2016 at 6.30pm.