Hounslow Council


Agenda and minutes

Venue: Committee Room 2, Civic Centre, Lampton Road, Hounslow. View directions

Contact: Joti Patel, Committee Administrator, Email: joti.patel@hounslow.gov.uk : 020 85833356 

Items
No. Item

99.

Apologies for Absence,declarations of interest and other communications from Members

Minutes:

Apologiesfor absence were notedfor Councillor PaulLynch.

 

Councillor DavidHughes declareda non-prejudicial interest asa CentreManager atBedfont CommunityCentre.No applicationwas madebyservice users attheCentre.

 

There were no other declarationsofinterest.

 

100.

Minutes of the meeting held on 18th February 2016 and Matters Arising pdf icon PDF 133 KB

Minutes:

The minutes of the meeting held on 18th February 2016 were agreed and signed by the Chair.

 

There were no matters arising.

101.

Voluntary Sector Funding pdf icon PDF 186 KB

Minutes:

See the report presented by Aine Hayes at Agenda item 3, page 4 outlining the recommendations and allocation of voluntary sector funding.

 

The Community Investment Advisory Panel (CIAP) considered the following recommendations in the report:

 

·         noted the various funding streams available to voluntary and community organisations providing services for Hounslow residents and the allocations made to date.

·         considered the applications to Round 2 of the Small Grants Fund 2016/17, as tabled at the meeting.

·         recommended that the Lead Member for Communities took account of the views of the CIAP when making decisions on funding.

·         That the Lead Member for Communities, having taken into consideration the views of CIAP, allocated funding under the Small Grants programme based on the

applications tabled at the meeting.

 

Allocations were made through three funding streams:

 

Hounslow Community Grant


·                  A budget of £370,000 was available for allocation in 2016/17. Funding totaling £200,000 was allocated to 13 organisations in February 2016 (an overview is provided at Appendix A) leaving a balance of £170,000 for Round 2.  Round 2 was launched inearly June 2016 and the closing date for applications would be 19 September 2016. Decisions on allocation of the remaining funding will be made at the November Community Investment Advisory Panel meeting.

 

Hounslow Community Youth Fund

 

·                  The Hounslow Community Youth Fund provided grants of up to £2,000 to projects designed and led by young people. The available budget for 2016-17 is £20,000. Ten applications were received and following recommendations by the Youth Council, eight organisations were allocated funding totalling £15,650 (an overview is provided at Appendix B). A decision on two further applications has been on hold as further information and clarifications have been requested.  It is proposed that any balance of funding, which is likely to be very small, is allocated via the Small Grants or Community Grant process.

 

Small Grants

 

·                  The Small Grants fund was established to help mitigate the loss of the Area Forum Small Grants. The fund has a budget of £25,000 for 2016-17 and provided grants of up to £500 to voluntary and community organisations or groups of neighbours. Eighteen applicants were awarded funding totalling £8,672 in Round 1 (an overview is providedat Appendix C).  The closing date for applications for Round 2 was 12 noon on 4 July2016. A table of the applications approved for funding was handed out for CIAP approval. Two further rounds would be held later in the year, with closing dates on 28 September 2016 and 27 January 2017.

 

Aine reviewed the funding allocated in round one to Community Grants and Youth Funding Grants which the Lead Member had approved:

 

Community Grant Round 1 allocations

 

Organisation

Allocation

Certitude

£18,000

Cultivate London

£18,000

Hounslow Community Association

£13,500

Hounslow Multicultural Centre

£18,000

Hounslow Phab

£18,000

Hounslow Toy Library

£18,000

Indian Gymkhana

£15,000

Millan Women’s Group

£8,500


 

Our Barn Youth Club

£18,000

Outside Chance

£18,000

Retired Members Association (Asian Elders)

£4,500

St Georges Youth Club

£14,500

The Conservation Volunteers

£18,000

Total

£200,000

 

 

Youth Fund allocations

 

Organisation

Allocation

Spark!

£2,000  ...  view the full minutes text for item 101.

102.

Consultation Charter pdf icon PDF 210 KB

Additional documents:

Minutes:

See the report and appendices at agenda item 4 presented by Laura James.

 

Laura James updated Members on the Council’s Consultation Charter.

The words for Point 1 on page 18 of the agenda “consult residents and other stakeholders” had been amended following Cabinet Briefing.

 

The Final report would be presented to Borough Council in July. The policy and procedures showed how Officers would prepare formal consultations where the Council had a statutory duty to consult with stakeholders, community groups and organisations.

 

In reply to comments and questions, Laura confirmed:

 

·        Where named Officers had left the information would be updated by the newly appointedOfficer.

·        Officers followed a flow chart process when deciding whether a major or minor consultation was required.

·        The 7 Standards at point 12, page 18, applied to all consultations.

·        A meeting would be arranged with the Cabinet Member and Officers to review the 3 principles for minor consultations to make them clearer.

 

Action: circulate amended report to CIAP members to view

 

Resolved:

 

I.     To note the report

 

103.

Residents Survey pdf icon PDF 737 KB

Additional documents:

Minutes:

See the report and appendices at Agenda item 5, page 20 presented by

Laura James.

 

Laura advised Members that the Residents Survey would begin on

5th September 2016. The survey had been signed off by Councillor Denison.

 

In reply to comments and questions, Laura confirmed:

                  There should not be significant amount of change between 2014 and 2016 questions to ensure the survey was comparative.

 

Resolved:

 

I.       To note the report

104.

Hounslow Compact pdf icon PDF 149 KB

Additional documents:

Minutes:

SeethereportandappendicesatAgendaitem6,page40.

 

TheCommunityInvestmentAdvisoryPanel were askedto agreethefollowing recommendations:

 

1.  Noteandapprove thenewHounslowCompact  (AppendixA)whichhas beendeveloped collaborativelyandwhich underpinsandsupports thecollaborativepartnershipwork across thecouncilwithkeyVCSE partners andpublic bodiesin Hounslow.It is intendedthatThe Compactwill be submittedto Cabinetforapproval on 20September2016

2.  Support theadoption oftheHounslow Compactas theauthoritativepartnershipagreement

betweenpublic bodiesin Hounslowand thevoluntary,charitable,communityandsocial enterprisesectors in Hounslow– known as the VCSEsector.

 

LauraadvisedMembers thatfollowingconsultationwithvarious stakeholders this revised Compactwouldbesig  ...  view the full minutes text for item 104.

105.

CPU Communications Report pdf icon PDF 243 KB

Minutes:

See the report at Agenda Item 7, Page 57 presented by Aine Hayes.

 

Aine presented an overview of current activities in the Community Partnership Unit (CPU) for the benefit of new panel members.  The report showed what work the team was involved in.  Aine also said that the web page had been updated for the CPU.  All pages had been refreshed and Aine would send a link to Members for them to view the new website.

 

Resolved:

 

      I.          To note the report

 

 

 

106.

Community Engagement Work Plan pdf icon PDF 337 KB

Minutes:

See the report at Agenda item 8, page 63, presented by Ayesha Hameed.

 

Ayesha updated Members on community engagement work carried out by Officers over the past 8/9 months and current priorities.

 

·        Cllr Sampson asked if long term sick leave would be covered in their absence and Ayesha confirmed that it would be.

·       Cllr Foote referred to the large council community in Hanworth and said that the Area needed support.

·       Cllr Sampson referred to page 68 of the agenda regarding a splinter group and political pressure group.  How coming to recognition. Ayesha replied that the team were working towards developing a best practice document and get the groups to become constituted.  Ivy TAG was not an officially recognised TRA but the team have supported them to identify funding streams which was very different.

 

Action: Ayesha and Uttam to will update Cllr Sampson after the meeting.

 

Resolved:

 

      I.          To note the report

 

 

107.

Prevent Delivery Update pdf icon PDF 264 KB

Minutes:

See the report at Agenda item 9, page 72, presented by Najeeb Ahmed.

 

Najeeb Ahmed presented Members with an update of the projects in place and outlined in his report.

 

Resolved:

 

      I.          To note the report

    II.          Arrange for Najeeb Ahmed to attend a further meeting of CIAP to make a presentation and answer questions.

 

 

108.

Urgent Business

Any other business, which the Chair agrees to consider on the grounds of urgency.  

Minutes:

There was no urgent business.